Many customers request lighter small-to-medium cases, but do not want to compromise the safety of their valuable equipment. In response, Anvil introduced the XLT material in 2001. A polypropylene tri-laminate, XLT showed extreme ruggedness and a significant weight savings over wood. Constructed under the same stringent guidelines as the ATA cases, XLT’s unique cellular center layer provides incredible strength. The companies considered it a breakthrough and customers agreed; over 25,000 cases are currently in use worldwide.
- 30 – 50% lighter than wood
- XLT-15 offered in 3/8” poly plastic
- Anvil or Calzone construction styles available
- Full-length steel piano hinge (when specified)
- Tapered aluminum edging
- Tongue-in groove valance
- Steel recessed handles, recessed latches and ball corners