The Crestron® CEN-IO-COM-102 is a compact and wired I/O module designed to easily expand the available RS-232 ports within a commercial or residential system. A small form factor allows the CEN-IO-COM-102 to be placed just about anywhere, with the option to attach it to a flat surface or DIN rail using the included mounting bracket. The two onboard, bidirectional RS-232 COM ports enable direct integration with all kinds of third-party equipment.
The CEN-IO-COM-102 communicates to the local network using the available LAN connection, allowing the connected equipment to be remotely controlled and monitored from a computer or tablet. Power is conveniently supplied to the CEN-IO-COM-102 via PoE (Power over Ethernet) or a Crestron control system, eliminating the need for a local power supply or extra wiring.
The CEN-IO-COM-102 supports the following security protocols to help protect against service interruptions and malicious intrusions:
TLS 1.2 for web server and control system connections
Local Authentication for console, web server, and control system connections
SSL for console connections.
- Compact, wired Ethernet I/O module
- Provides two bidirectional RS-232 COM ports with hardware and software handshaking
- Installer setup via Crestron Toolbox™ software or web browser
- Supports TLS 1.2, Local Authentication, and SSL security protocols
- PoE (Power over Ethernet) network powered
- Compact, stackable “IFE micro” form factor
- Surface or DIN rail mountable
- Available rack mount and pole mount options