Audio-Technicas premier studio vocal microphone, the AT5040 represents a milestone in condenser design, offering remarkably musical high-fidelity performance, with profound realism and depth, presence and purity of sound. Designed as a first-choice vocal microphone, the AT5040 cardioid condenser features an extremely smooth top end with controlled sibilance. Large-diaphragm characteristics and fast transient response also make it ideal for recording acoustic instruments such as piano, guitar, strings and saxophone. Four-part rectangular element
The first of our design criteria for the AT5040 was purity of sound. To achieve this, Audio-Technica engineers developed a four-part rectangular element, the pinnacle of our recent breakthroughs in sound-capture technology. Four exquisitely matched ultra-thin diaphragms function together (with outputs proprietarily summed) as Audio-Technicas largest-ever element, providing combined surface area twice that of a standard one-inch circular diaphragm.
By using four diaphragms in a single capsule, the AT5040 delivers the benefits of an exceptionally large diaphragm--along with an extremely low noise floor--without increased weight, decreased transient response or other drawbacks that typically restrict diaphragm size.
Another key AT5040 design feature is advanced internal shock mounting that effectively decouples the capsule from the microphone body. For additional isolation, each AT5040 is also provided with Audio-Technicas innovative new AT8480 shock mount.
100% quality control
Every AT5040 is hand assembled and individually inspected for 100% quality control. Each microphone is enclosed in an elegant housing of aluminum and brass with high-quality gray finish for durability and low reflectivity.
Discrete components have been selected for optimized capsule performance; in fact, every aspect of the microphone has been carefully considered to minimize any effects on the audio signal.
- Audio-Technica’s premier studio condenser vocal microphone
- Extremely musical high-fidelity performance, with profound realism
and depth, presence and purity of sound
- Four rectangular diaphragms (2 micron) function together as
Audio-Technica’s largest-ever element, providing combined surface
area twice that of a standard one-inch circular diaphragm
- Exceptionally low noise and wide dynamic range ideal for
- Discrete components carefully selected for optimized
- High-SPL capability and extended frequency response
- Hand assembled and inspected for 100% quality control
- Advanced internal shock mounting decouples the capsule from
the microphone body
- Elegant, durable housing of aluminum and brass
- Included advanced-design custom AT8480 shock mount provides
- Custom hard-shell carrying case with die-cut foam compartments
offers protection during storage and transport