This durable, stereo headphone is the educator’s standard for multimedia applications, music appreciation classes, listening centers, reading and language learning activities. Its reinforced 6’ cord and 3.5mm plug includes a 1/4” screw-on adapter to makes this a versatile headset and it’s Android, Windows and iOS compatible.
The Deluxe Series of stereo and monaural headphones are longstanding teacher favorites (and student-tested) for literacy and language learning activities, computer-related classes classrooms and libraries.
Califone understands equipment that's used repeatedly in classroom learning needs to be made to a higher standard. Safety features begin with slotted earcup baffles on all 2924 headphones protect the internal speakers against accidental perforation by sharp objects such as an unfolded paper clip or scissors. Noise-reducing earcups help hearing safety by resting around students' ears (not in them) to provide maximum protection against external noise, minimizing distractions so students won't increase the volume to hear the content. The rugged ABS plastic construction won't shatter (unlike materials used in consumer electronics items) into potentially dangerous shards and withstand the rigors of daily use.
The entry point of the 6' straight cord into the earcup is reinforced against accidental pull-out and is permanently attached on the stereo model. For the monaural version, choose between coiled and straight cords.
The 3.5mm stereo plug on the stereo models enable students to listen to smartphones, tablets, computers and other audio sources and comes with a ¼” screw-on adapter. The 1/4” plug on the monaural models connects the headphones with cassette player/recorders. Both the 3.5mm and ¼” plugs can be used with jackboxes for group listening center activities.
The stereo models offer volume control on the earcup while most monaural versions do not (the mono 2924AVPV does).
- Rugged polypropylene headstrap and ABS plastic earcups hold up to continued usage in high-use settings
- Adjustable headband with comfort sling fits all students
- Volume control conveniently located on the ear cup
- Permanently attached cord with reinforced connection resists accidental pull out for increased classroom safety
- 3.5mm mini plug with 1/4” screw on adapter connects with smartphones, tablets, laptops and computers
- Noise-reducing earcup lowers ambient noise so volume does not need to be as high, as recommended by audiologists for hearing safety
- Comes with replaceable and cleanable ear cushions for multiple users
- Slotted baffle prevents access, avoiding accidental puncturing of the speaker
- Two-year warranty for school use-unlike headphones purchased at consumer electronics stores whose warranties are voided if used in schools
- For heavy-use situations in libraries, language labs and speech pathology applications
- Replaceable foam-filled ear cushions
- Around-ear ambient noise-reducing earcups deliver maximum protection against exterior sounds (without added electronic circuitry and expense). This reduces the need to increase the volume (protecting the ears) and helps keep students on task