LONG BEACH, Calif. – March 2, 2011 – Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide1, today announced the BrightLink 455Wi interactive projector designed to transform a wall or table into an interactive learning area. With the included wall mount or table mount sold separately, the BrightLink 455Wi interactive projector can be used to transform a wall, whiteboard or table into an interactive learning area. This flexibility allows for educators to meet the varied learning needs of their students – whether in large groups, small work teams or even individually – while maximizing the existing space in their classrooms.
“Flexible and adaptable classroom tools are becoming increasingly important to enhancing the learning and development process,” said Claudine Wolas-Shiva, senior product manager, Epson America, Inc. “In addition to wall-mounted interactivity that has expanded educational options for teachers and students, the BrightLink 455Wi adds functionality that can create an interactive table, offering more advantages and a huge value to educators.”
The Epson BrightLink 455Wi interactive projector + pen combination is an ultra-short throw solution offering image size flexibility and advanced connectivity options to project onto a whiteboard, wall, table, or other smooth, light-colored, hard surface. BrightLink offers installation flexibility by providing a wide range of XGA and WXGA usable interactive areas, and features 2,500 lumens color and white light output2 and native WXGA resolution (16:10 aspect ratio) for full compatibility with widescreen notebooks and visual content.
The solution includes two digital infrared pens, a new pen tray, and wall mount hardware for a great value and easy installation out of the box. An easy-to-attach table mount, which extends the BrightLink’s functionality to a standard tabletop, will be available separately3. And due to its flexibility and compatibility with tables, the BrightLink 455Wi offers a larger interactive image area and wheelchair accessibility compared to existing interactive table solutions.
In addition, new accessories are available for the BrightLink 455Wi, providing greater versatility for the education environment. A height-adjustable mobile cart is designed specifically for an Epson ultra-short throw projector, and can be quickly rolled between classrooms. It comes equipped with a wide leg base, locking wheels and height-setting mechanism for different sized presenters. In addition, a new height-adjustable wall mount provides simple one-handed operation to adjust the height, making it easy to use for a variety of age groups.
More about the BrightLink 455Wi
The BrightLink 455Wi provides several easy-to-use and versatile features designed for the classroom, including:
- Interactive Table Mode: When used with a specially designed table mount, the BrightLink 455Wi can be used to transform a table* into an interactive table for small group learning centers, giving students a gathering place to explore digital lessons, play educational games and work together on interactive learning activities
- Updated Interactive Driver: When using Microsoft tablet features and ink tools, BrightLink will automatically engage those tools, bringing them front and center for use with the projector4
- New Pen Tray: Holds two pens and can be attached magnetically or installed with included screws
- Increased Speaker and Microphone Input: Dedicated input allows teachers to use a microphone to amplify voice using the increased internal 12W speaker, saving the teacher’s voice and ensuring all students can hear; volume can be adjusted using projector or remote control buttons
- Flexible Size Setup: Creates one of the largest widescreen interactive areas without the need to pay a premium for size; select the size to match and maximize available space with variable image sizes from 59-inches to 96-inches diagonal (WXGA) or 55-inches to 85-inches diagonal (XGA)
- Ultra-Short Throw Distance: Can be mounted as close as 2.8-inches away from the wall to accommodate smaller classrooms or meetings rooms, and can project a 80-inch diagonal image from only 10-inches away; new high performance optics virtually eliminate hardware and shadow interference
- Simplified Network Monitoring and Control: Flexible sizing in a single projector can meet the needs of multiple room environments, and RJ-45 wired LAN connectivity for remote monitoring and control via an IT network helps saves time and money, regardless of the projector’s physical location
- Message Broadcasting: Included EasyMP® Monitor software allows projector to be used as a broadcast system to show customized images and alerts over the network for announcements or instructions
- Low Total Cost of Ownership: New electrostatic air filter extends life of filter by 1,000 hours5 for a suggested 5,000 hour maintenance cycle6
- Closed Captioning: Built-in closed captioning decoder makes presentations accessible to viewers with hearing impairments with no added cost, and helps meet section 508 compliance
- Easy Setup and Control: Instant On and Instant Off® helps to avoid delays when starting and finishing lectures; A/V Mute Slide instantly turns off the sound and images, customizable Sleep Mode saves energy, and 1.6x manual zoom offers positioning flexibility
- USB Plug ‘n Play Instant Setup: Instantly projects images, transmits audio and controls the presentations from either a Windows® PC or Mac via a standard USB cable
- 3LCD Technology: Features the latest, 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; 3LCD technology provides an energy efficient light engine which efficiently uses available lamp light to create stunning images; in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness7