The Radial ProAV1 is a single channel passive direct box designed specifi cally for the audio video professional where ‘Swiss Army knife’ connectivity is required to meet on-the-fl y demands of AV rentals and installations.
A high performance custom-wound transformer is employed that converts the impedance and balances the line while providing exceptional common-mode rejection. The transformer eliminates noise associated with ground loops. To further reduce susceptibility to noise, the transformer is encapsulated in a nickel metal can, thus preventing RF and electromagnetic induction. The ProAV1 is constructed with 14 gauge steel for durability, while it’s book-end enclosure is designed to protect the switches and connectors from damage.
Input connectivity includes stereo RCA, 1/4 inch and 3.5mm (1/8 inch) for high-impedance instrument and -10dB consumer line-level devices. All inputs may be used as thru-puts and are auto merged to mono to reduce cable infrastructure and audio channel requirements. A +4dB XLR input is also provided to interface professional balanced line-level signals. The output is standard 600 Ohm mic-level for direct interconnect to mixing console mic inputs. These features make the ProAV1 an ideal interface for portable computers, CD players, iPods and other sound sources that must interface to PA systems alongside microphone lines.
- Great-sounding, fl exible passive DI
- High performance custom-wound transformer
- XLR, 1/4”, RCA and 3.5mm inputs
- Built-in stereo to mono merge function
- -15dB PAD for wide range of input levels
- Transformer isolation eliminates ground loops
- Converts hi-Z consumer to low-Z mic-level
- Connect a stereo source to a mono channel
- Unbalanced audio from CDs, laptop, VCRs
- Balanced +4dB audio sources (ProAV1 only)