The Radial SB-48 is a high performance phantom power generator that employs a non-radiating charge pump circuit to create a stable, ripple-free 48 volt supply for active direct boxes and condenser microphones. The stereo design features XLR inputs and outputs with a choice of 48V and 12V operation. The SB-48 is powered by a single 15VDC 400 milliamp supply that is included. The connector may be locked into place using a retention clamp. As with all Radial products, the SB-48 is manufactured in Canada from solid steel and powder coated for years of great looks.
- XLR-F INPUTS:Used to connect the mic signal to the StageBug SB-48. Phantom power is generated inside the SB-48 and injected into the mic capsule via the F-XLR connectors and mic cable.
- POWER INPUT AND LED:The power jack accepts Radial’s 15VDC/400mA power adapter. The LED illuminates when the power supply is connected and the SB-48 is active.
- CABLE CLAMP:Used to lock down the power supply cable and prevent accidental disconnection.
- XLR-M OUTPUTS:Used to connect the mic signal to the mixing console or preamp. Equipped to block other sources of phantom power and prevent over-powering your condenser mic or active direct box.
- +12/48V SWITCH:Used to change the phantom supply from the standard +48 volts to +12 volts for speciality microphones.
- FULL-BOTTOM NO-SLIP PAD:This provides electrical isolation and plenty of ‘stay-put’ friction to keep the SB-48 in one place.